Pages

Aug 2, 2017

My Latest Project


Hello and happy Wednesday!

Over the weekend I finally got started on my cedar post candle holders.  These remnants were left over from the pergola we had installed back in May.  When I saw these laid over in a pile, I knew immediately what I wanted to do with them.


We bought a 4 1/8 inch Hole Dozer Hole Cutter to use with our drill.  This was not a fast project.  It was a very SLOW project.  Something like 3 1/2 hours.  :)



After I drilled down the depth I wanted, I began to chisel out the wood.  OMG!  It's a good thing I had the vision of what I wanted and the determination to push through.  It helped that the wood wasn't really hard.


I only managed to hollow out two of them.  I still have two more to go!  I am sure there is a better way to do this...hopefully one of you will enlighten me!  I'm always open for new ideas!


As you can see, they are still in rough form.  I will need to sand the tops and the inserts to smooth them out.  I can't wait to actually use them.  Could be next summer?!

Have you ever done anything crazy like this?  If so, I'd love to hear about it!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment