Pages

Jul 26, 2017

Excited for the Holiday Season



Good morning and happy Wednesday/Hump Day!!!

If you've been following my blog for any time, you know I am "crazy for Christmas".  I start decorating the weekend closest to the 15th of October and it usually takes me about two weeks to get it all done.  It is no small feat.  However, I have no one to blame, it's all on me.  I love transforming every.single.room in our home.  I can't help myself.  :)

I pack everything up the second week of January.  By the time it is all put away I don't even want to think about decorating for the next Christmas.  It's like a switch is turned off until sometime in July.  This year I was curious as to when the switch would turn back on so I was trying to be consciously aware of my thoughts.  I thought watching my first holiday movie would do the trick...but it didn't.  I wasn't feeling it.

This year my "holiday" switch flipped on on July 19th.  :)  Officially.  I was watching a Hallmark Christmas movie and I started getting that warm and fuzzy feeling, thinking of how I am going to decorate this year.  I know, you're thinking it's because it was a Christmas movie.  But that's not it.  I had been watching the holiday movies since the beginning of July and wasn't feeling it.

Two days later these beautiful pillows arrived at my door step.  I scored them on a Black Friday sale at JCPenney.  The regular price for this pillow is $50 each.  I got two of them for $35.  Woo Hoo!  They look like they are hand painted and are advertised as indoor/outdoor pillows.  The photo does not do them justice.    They are gorgeous!!!  I originally intended to place them on the chairs on the front porch but now that I see how pretty they are I am rethinking of where they will go.

I have a few questions for you.

Do you love to decorate for the holidays?
If so, when do you start?

#crazyforchristmas

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Take care,

xoxoxo

Debbie






No comments:

Post a Comment