Pages

Apr 18, 2016

Tiny House Living


I am fascinated by individuals and couples that are embracing Tiny House living.  I love watching Tiny House Hunters on HGTV.  #tinyhouse

I have to admit there are some tiny homes I could never live in and there are some that are as cute as a button.  I'd have to have a full kitchen, a full bathroom and a regular bedroom.  There'd be no climbing down from a loft, in the middle of the night, to go to the bathroom.  And it has nothing to do with my age!!!



One other thing I can't grasp is some of the homes cost almost as much as what we paid for our home.  It is not unusual to pay $60,000 for a new tiny home.  And this price does not include the land to park it on.  Some people pay $1,000 per month just to park their tiny home.

The hubs and I have been in our home for 26 years.  We have 2,200 square feet of living space and paid $79,000.00 for our home.  Our home has been paid for at least 10 years (I forget the exact number).  We have remodeled three or four times I forget the exact number, re-landscaped a couple of times, and had a pool put in.  The hubs always said "his first house would not be his last house" all while I'm saying "why would I move, I am so happy here".  He would have loved a large two story home to impress people.  Me, not so much.  I wanted our home to reflect our tastes and not be concerned about keeping up with the Jones'.  If you ask him he'll tell you he is so happy I convinced him to stay.

Now, please understand I am not criticizing anyone for making the choice to live in a tiny home.  I admire them for making that commitment.  For me, it's not about the stuff.  It's about the space I need for me.



We don't always watch the same shows so we both like having a TV to watch as we please.

What would happen if I ever wanted to stay up really late to work on a project?  Oh and let's don't forget I'd never be able to leave a project out to be worked on.  That, my friend, would be the first deal breaker!



I think they are adorable.  I'd love to decorate one if anyone needs any help!

What do you think?  Could you live in a tiny home?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

xoxoxo

Debbie





No comments:

Post a Comment