Pages

Aug 15, 2014

Crawfish Etouffee

Crawfish Etouffee
Recipe Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse

On Tuesday evening I made Crawfish Etouffee, Emeril Lagasse style.  OMG!!! It was so good.  Like I could have made myself sick and ate the whole damn thing good.  You know what I mean?  I had to restrain myself to not totally undo the efforts from my swimming that afternoon.  I am not kidding.

I am very sad to say that I have not made this in forever!  The hubby does not like crawfish so I just didn't think about making it.  Well that is over now.  It is officially back on the menu!!!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:

1 stick butter (all I had was unsalted and it worked really well)
2 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
1 pound peeled crawfish tails
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 bay leaves (didn't have any)
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
Pinch of cayenne
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
3 tablespoons chopped green onions

Directions:

In a large saute pan over medium high heat, melt the butter.  Add the onions, celery, and bell peppers and saute until the vegetables are wilted, about 10 to 12 minutes.  Add the crawfish, garlic, and bay leaves and reduce the heat to medium.  Cook the crawfish for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Dissolve the flour in the water.  Add the crawfish mixture.  Season with salt and cayenne.  Stir until the mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.  Stir in the parsley and green onionis and continue cooking for 2 minutes.  Serve over steamed rice.  


I think mine looks better than his!!!
Tray is from Mardi Gras Outlet.com

Do you see etouffee in the design of the Fleur de lis?

Here it is plated.

Yummy!!!
I feel like I have found myself again.  Praise Jesus!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend......

Signing off as the

Misplaced Cajun Girl



2 comments: